Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Introduction

Welcome! Hope you enjoy this blog. It's devoted to the movies of my favorite decade (and my father's): The 1960's. Just last year, I did a scrapbook of movies from that decade (I also added more up to now) in which it was filled with photo stills and DVD screenshots taken either from the Internet that I printed or from my magazines. And the good news is that last week I sent an e-mail to the book publisher Chronicle Books about pitching my project for a book and they're interested; they want me to take photos of my scrapbook and send it to them. Hopefully if they give me the green light, I want to tell them that I want to add more movies for the book (particully a few James Bond films with Sean Connery) and use more sources for my information. I know what the title is going to be and I picked it a long while ago: "A Dead Heat on the Merry-Go-Round: The Movies of the 1960's and How the Decade Shook Up Hollywood and Elsewhere." The first title is taken from the movie with James Coburn; which was titled Dead Heat on a Merry-Go-Round. So if anyone has a suggestion of what 60's movie they want to talk about, give me a response-I'll probably will be talking about almost 200 movies on this blog and be filling the pages with photos from the 'Net. In the meantime, let's begin the ride.

No comments: